Gibson Brands, Inc., the world's premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director of Financial Reporting
Director of Financial Reporting
Gibson Brands, Inc., the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of consumer electronics, musical instruments and professional audio equipment, is seeking a Director of Financial Reporting to join the Finance team. The Director of Financial Reporting will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and be based out of Gibson’s World Headquarters in beautiful Nashville, TN – The Music City.
The position is responsible for organizing, directing and completing all internal and external financial and accounting reporting obligations of the Company including monthly internal reporting and quarterly and annual external reporting.
The position is also responsible for all technical accounting questions and compliance as well as development and monitoring of internal controls over financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to the international finance and accounting team regarding all technical accounting questions and update the organization on changes to critical accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepares quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and support compilation of MD&A for reporting to public bondholders.
- Acts as point of contact between the Company and our independent accounting firm regarding all annual audits, quarterly reviews and other financial reporting matters.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure and reviews monthly reconciliations and journal entries to assure accurate financial information is generated and proper internal controls are in place, in accordance with GAAP and Gibson policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all statutory reporting requirements and deadlines are met.
- Provides financial and accounting leadership, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration support for special projects.
- Actively participates in initiatives and special projects as required by senior management, divisional leadership, and corporate.
- Assists with the development and implementation of new procedures and processes to enhance the productivity, efficiency and workflow if the Finance Department.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
- Accountability: Makes a personal and sincere commitment to goals and effectively deals with consequences of both success and failures. Possess the ability to develop to stretch goals which are objective, easily understood and tied to high integrity metrics. Effectively communicates goals to their team and the broader organization. Inspires team to meet or exceed the stated goals and effectively deals with under performers and appropriately recognizes those who meet or exceed their goals.
- Responsibility: Possesses an attitude of ownership for not only their goals and functional area, but also the entire enterprise. Readily goes beyond what is necessary to succeed in their specific role and does whatever is necessary to move the entire business forward. Has a strong commitment to continuous improvement and readily takes the initiative to address challenges and capitalize on opportunities to move the business forward.
- Transparency: Embraces the concept of total openness of information and action. Effectively collaborates with all levels of the organization by engaging in effective dialogue within the business and with external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Accounting, MBA, or CMA is preferred.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of 10 years of public accounting and/or manufacturing experience is required.
- International accounting experience is preferred and international consolidation experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, establish and execute plans to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure with a strong attention to details is required.
- Management experience in leading accounting professionals and interfacing cross-functional teams is required.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please click apply below
No phone calls, please.