Gibson Brands, Inc., the world's premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Financial Analyst
Gibson Brands, Inc., the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of consumer electronics, musical instruments and professional audio equipment, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst will report directly to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager and be based out of Gibson’s World Headquarters in beautiful Nashville, TN – The Music City.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is a key member of the Gibson Finance Team and must be able to effectively manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment with frequent direct interaction with senior management. The role is responsible for company-wide monitoring and assessment of business unit operating performance, M&A Modeling and acquisition support. This position will assess the financial impact of key business decisions and alternatives by developing a variety of analytical frameworks to create significant insight into operational opportunities and challenges aimed at improving the financial performance of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
- Drives revenue and operational planning, management, modeling, and analysis. Develops and present insights and recommendations to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Builds, analyzes and presents M&S financial models.
- Creates and maintains analysis of Category, Brand, and Product financial performance.
- Creates and maintains operational forecast and budgets for corporate functions.
- Leads various ad hoc analytical and reporting projects, as assigned including recommending actions to improve financial performance of the organization.
- Participates in multifunctional project teams that evaluate, recommend and monitor the implementation of new initiatives.
- Improves the companies’ financial performance by preparing management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- Provides “overflow” assistance in budgeting and forecasting analysis and preparation.
- Assists with the development and implementation of new procedures and processes to enhance the productivity, efficiency and workflow if the Finance Department.
- BA/BS Degree required.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years of Financial Analyst experience. Manufacturing industry experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of analytical methods of addressing business issues, with an emphasis on decision support analysis.
- Proficient to expert knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and graphs.
- Proficient to expert knowledge of PowerPoint and preparing presentations.
- Experience with Great Plains/Dynamics AX general ledger desired but not a requirement.
- Experience working with databases and retrieving information from information systems.
- Experience in SQL is helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking skills coupled with a keen ability to prioritize assignments.
To be considered for this position, please click apply below
No phone calls, please.